Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rand writes intro to reissued dime novel

From Ken Rand, who lives in Utah but whose heart is in WYO:

I've been commissioned by Doug Wood, publisher of Notorious Press to write an introduction to a release of the dime novel The Huge Hunter, or The Steam Man of the Prairie, by Edward S. Ellis, which originally came out in 1895. The book will probably be released later this summer or early fall. Notorious Press has previously released my short-story collection Soul Taster: Four Dark Tales. I've received some notoriety in science fiction/fantasy circles for my Western-flavored fantasy stories and novels, including Tales of the Lucky Nickel Saloon, Fairy BrewHaHa at the Lucky Nickel Saloon, Dadgum Martians Invade the Lucky Nickel Saloon!, Golems of Laramie County, and Through Wyoming Eyes. Doug further credits my qualifications to write the introduction to the fact that I've lived and worked in and written about Wyoming for many years, and have done extensive research (inspired by Mike and Kathy Gear) for my alternate historical-fantasy novel Pax Dakota, due out in May 2008.