Monday, July 19, 2010
This specially selected roster of artists will perform four works from NYCB's unparalleled repertory: ballets by the company's legendary founding choreographers George Balanchine and Jerome Robbins, a contemporary classic by Ulysses Dove, and the World Premiere of a new work by NYCB principal dancer and internationally acclaimed choreographer Benjamin Millepied, featuring a commissioned score by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer David Lang.
This is a rare opportunity for an intimate look at one of the world’s greatest ballet companies.
While in residence in Jackson Hole, the NYCB will present three performances:
• A Fundraising Gala at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 6, with a Meet the Artists reception to follow, complete with appetizers, dessert, wine and champagne
• A matinee at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 7
• A final evening performance at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 7.
• Tickets for Friday, Aug. 6, Fundraising Gala – $200 all seats
• Tickets for Saturday, Aug. 7, Matinee – $35 student, $45 balcony, $55 orchestra
• Tickets for Saturday, Aug. 7, Evening Performance – $65 balcony, $75 orchestra
Contact Dancers' Workshop for additional information about the New York City Ballet and its Jackson Hole residency at (307) 733-6398. For the latest ticket information, call the Center Box Office at (307) 733-4900.