Friday, December 17, 2010

If you live in Wyoming...

This was forwarded to me from Chris Valentine, member of WyoWriters and WyoPoets. Thanks, Chris!

98% of Americans scream before going in the ditch on a slippery road. The other 2% are from Wyoming and they say, “Hold my soda and watch this.”
You're from Wyoming if you eat ice cream in the winter.
When gals hear the weather will be 65 degrees (maybe that's in Colorado; in Wyoming, I'd say it's more like 45 degrees) they shave their legs and wear a skirt.
It snows 5 inches and you don't expect school to be canceled.
You'll wear flip flops every day of the year, regardless of the temperature.
Shooting prairie dogs is an acceptable dating sport.
'Humid' is over 25%.
Your sense of direction is toward the mountains and away from the mountains.
You say 'the interstate' and everybody knows which one.
You think that May is a totally normal month for a blizzard.
You buy your flowers to set out on Mother's day, but try and hold off planting them until just before Father's day.
You grew up planning your Halloween costumes around your coat.
You know what the Granite Pass is.
You don't think Coors beer is that big a deal.
You went to Silver Spur as a kid, and as an adult.
You've gone off-roading in a vehicle that was never intended for such activities.
You always know the elevation of where you are.
You wake up to a beautiful, 80 degree day and you wonder if it's going to snow that afternoon.
You don't care that some company renamed it, the Broncos still play at Mile High.
Every movie theater has military and student discounts.
Everybody wears jeans to church.
You actually know that ** South Park ** is a real place, not just a show on TV.
You know what a 'trust fund hippy' is, and you know its natural habitat is Jackson Hole.
You know you're talking to a fellow Wyomingite when they say "The Tower" not Devils Tower.
A bear on your front porch doesn't bother you.
Your two favorite teams are the Broncos and whoever is beating the crap out of the Raiders.
When people out East tell you they have mountains in their state too, you just laugh.
You go anywhere else on the planet and the air feels 'sticky' and you notice the sky is no longer blue.