- Manuscripts in creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, and art.
- Reading period is from September 1 through January 15. Submissions received outside that time frame will be recycled.
- One prose piece (4,000 words or less) or up to six poems at one time. You may submit in multiple genres, but please submit each genre separately.
- Up to 4 pieces of art, which includes, but is not limited to, sculpture, sketches, photography, painting, and graphic designs. Art should be submitted digitally at a printable quality, typically 300dpi or higher, in either JPEG or TIFF format. Postal submissions need to be recorded onto a CD-R that is readable in any computer. All art submis-sions will be considered for the forthcoming OWR cover.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please indicate in the cover letter that you are submitting simultaneously and do notify us promptly if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere. Reporting time is generally one to three months.
- For interviews, book reviews, longer prose submissions (4,000+ words), or general questions please send a query letter first to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All written submissions should be typed on one side of the page. Please double-space prose submissions.
- You may submit online through Submishmash by visiting our website or by sending postal submissions to the ad-dress below.
- Address submissions to the specific genre editor and include a cover letter. Cover letters should include author’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. If mailing post submissions, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for replies regarding your submission.