Cheyenne International Film Festival Seeks Movies for 2011.
Help develop the film and digital media community by supporting the Cheyenne International Film Festival (CIFF) is a production of Wyoming Community Media (WCM) and set for May 20 - 22 2011, at the Historic Atlas Theater.
CIFF2 is now accepting entries through March 18, 2011. We're especially friendly to first-time filmmakers since CIFF is a grassroots festival. The CALL2ACTion program this year seeks movies about the empowerment of women and uplifting stories about people beating homelessness and poverty.
The mission of WCM is to encourage and celebrate the art of film and digital media through creative forums for artistic and social awareness in the community served.
CIFF is accepting movie entries in four categories: Feature films, Wyoming Showcase, Short films and CIFF Promo Videos. Click the tabs to learn more and enter. CIFF will notify you only your movie has been selected around April 1, 2010.
* GENERAL MOVIE SELECTION GUIDELINES Movies must have been completed on or after January 1, 2008.
* Screeners should be viewable on-line. When you enter, you'll be asked provide a link/password to your movie uploaded to www.vimeo.com
* If your movie is selected, it must be submitted as high-resolution Quicktime Movie H.264/MPG4 video and ACC audio files - either HD or SD on a hard drive, DVD or other media to be played as a digital file. If we can't play your movie, it won't be seen.
* Mark each File with the title, run time, your contact information.
* A media kit isn't required, but remember to include 100 word synopsis of your project.
* All entries will are the property of CIFF, hard drives will be returned at the producers' expense
* CIFF isn't responsible for files damaged during shipment. At the discretion of CIFF, a replacement may be requested from the entrant - shipping costs are paid by the entrant.
* CIFF reserves the right to interpret the guidelines and enforce them at its discretion. They can be changed without notice, so keep checking back.
OPT OUT OF PUBLICITY AND PROMOTION
* Entrants agree that all information about their movie may be published electronically on the festival web page, on TV, and trailers; and all hard copy materials including but not limited to newspaper ads, programs, posters.
* Movies may be shown in part or their entirety on non-commercial or educational TV and tentatively titled "CIFF Presents", or in off-season promotional screenings. This is an "opt out" system. You may opt out by sending an email to the festival upon notification.
For more information:
Alan O'Hashi and Michael Conti
The Cheyenne International Film Festival (CIFF)
Cheyenne, WY 82001
307-509-0182 (read less)
Help develop the film and digital media community by supporting the Cheyenne International Film Festival (CIFF) is a production of Wyoming Community Media (WCM) and set for May 20 - 22 2011.
CIFF2 is now accepting entries through March 18, 2011. We're especially friendly to first-time filmmakers since CIFF is a grassroots festival.