This summer Wyoming artists have an exciting opportunity to engage with the state’s many great parks and historic sites!
Wyoming State Parks and Cultural Resources is offering any Wyoming visual artist, of any age, working in any medium, the chance to submit an original piece of art for consideration in one of four categories: Professional Adult Artists, Amateur Adult Artists, Student Artists Grades K-8 and Student Artists Grades 9-12. Three awards will be given in each category, and the twelve winning works will be featured in a commemorative calendar and in an exhibition at the Wyoming State Museum.
Those interested should submit a notification of intent form (included in the brochure) to:
Arts extreme- Art in the Parks
2301 Central Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Participants will then receive a free park pass valid for three visits, and should then visit one or more state parks or historic sites for inspiration and subject matter.
- Notification of Intent forms should be submitted before the end of August
- Official Entry Forms and Image CDs are due by September 20, 2012
Some limitations apply:
- Two-dimensional works should not exceed 36” x 36”, including the frame. Two-dimensional works should not exceed 30 lbs. and be ready to hang with screw eyes or D-rings. Three-dimensional works should not exceed 24” x 24” x 24”. Due to the display venue, restrictions apply to organic, toxic or hazardous materials.
- Works should be completed within the period of this competition; however, works up to three years old will be considered.
- Venue restraints and calendar concept preclude inclusion of installation or video works.
For complete details on how to enter, prizes and more, consult the Art in the Parks brochure