Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ginny Rowland's work featured at Cheyenne Artists Guild for Art Design & Dine

Ginny Rowland, "Moments in Monument," oil
From the Cheyenne Artists Guild:

Ginny Rowland is a long time supporter of the Cheyenne Artists Guild. Her work will be featured on Thursday, Nov. 8, from 5-8 p.m. at the newly remodeled art guild located on off of Morrie Avenue in Holladay Park. Drop in to enjoy Ginny’s art and company!

Artist Statement:
“In 1964-1968, we were in Alaska, my husband was in the Air Force. He gave me a box of oils for my birthday and I had no idea what to do with them.  The Service Club offered art lessons for $1 for 1 night per week with a local artist.  I painted for a couple of years until Bob was transferred.  We came to Cheyenne in 1973 but it wasn’t until after the flood of 1985 that I joined the Cheyenne Artists Guild.  I took a class called  Sponges and Rags from Cheyenne artist  Maryalyce Larsen.  I’ve taken several workshops at the Guild and when attending the Wyoming Artists Association Conventions I would sign up for whatever was offered.   I prefer painting in oil but the paintbox got too heavy to carry to the CAG loft where I painted each Thursday.  I joined the Weekly Art Challenge a couple of years ago and have painted  with a box of Pelikan half pans.I had a one person show at the Cheyenne Civic Center in 1994.  Was honored to sell several pieces. The first time I entered the CFD Western Spirit Show, 2000, both my 16 x 20 and miniature painting were purchased. I’ve been juried into the CAG National show twice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment